Saturday, November 12, 2011

A World of Connections


"To be BEAUTIFUL means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself." –Thich Nhat Hanh


Lately I've realize that the more you start to accept yourself, the more you recognize yourself in others, therefore connecting you to the world.


Accept yourself, accept the world.


I'm not saying to take a blind eye to the bad that does exist in the world but at least you will begin to feel this exclusive and distinctive connection you haven't felt before because you were blindsided by your own insecurities that didn't allow you to see the full picture.


The full picture… is beautiful! We live in a world of people, nature, life, and it is blooming around us as if we lived in a constant Spring season. Yes, there IS a downfall in every person's life, because quite frankly that is life. If we learn to cherish the moments that matter most in our life, we will have a fruitful and fulfilling life.


Only recently, on bus adventures have I found myself more open to the world around me. I watch the people waiting and riding the bus. For the most part everyone is to themselves. On a couple of occasions I will get smiles from someone other than the bus driver. But even those connections mean so much, especially if you are having a bad day. The people that ride the bus have been marked down as the "uncivil" and "poor" people by people who have never rode a bus in their life. I used to be one of those people but now I have come to understand those people that ride the bus.


You see, I realized that there is no 'type' of people that ride the bus, they are just…people. Humans. People like you and me.


Mothers, grandmothers, lawyers, doctors, nurses, husbands, students; everyone rides the bus. The bus is not just subjected to the "lower case".


Accept yourself, see the world differently.