The Girl is a mighty believer in the power of education. She also believes in the power of self-initiated knowledge.
I recall spending many summers deeply saddened that school was over. So to quench my thirst for knowledge, I gave myself things to learn. I conducted science experiments, collected bugs, identified species of rocks, and spent a great deal reading.
As God as my witness, I will never be thirsty for knowledge again!
- Gone With The Wind - Margaret Mitchell
- Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
- Little Women - Louisa May Alcott
- Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
- A Little Princess - Frances Hodgson Burnett