Thursday, June 26, 2014

Favorite News Headline of the Week


By far, my favorite news headline of the week comes from someone I've always admired.
15-year old Bindi Irwin leads the efforts of environmentalism (self-titled Wildlife Warrior) and is taking a new stand for modesty. While this stand for modesty is not a new one, it is certainly most refreshing to hear it from a young girl. Especially when most 15-year olds are vying for the attention of men. Boo-hoo, why do they grow up so fast?



Respect of the body and modesty should be instilled in young girls' and young boys should ought to respect their respect. Wait, what? But you know what I mean, we live in this age where the young grow up too fast and leaves us all wondering what happened. 

“I’m a big advocate for young girls dressing their age,” Irwin said. “I mean, for me, I look around at a lot of young girls that are my age and they’re always trying to dress older. Whether it’s wearing revealing clothes or hardly wearing any clothes at all, I feel really bad for them. It kind of has the opposite effect in some ways ... it kind of does the opposite where it makes you look younger and like you’re trying too hard.”

Special thanks for Huffington Post for this article and making me proud of Bindi once more. What do you think? Think Daddy Irwin is proud of his little Bindi? Gosh, I miss that guy. 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/25/bindi-irwin-cover-up_n_5530821.html