Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy 200th Lizzie Bennet!

Congratulations to Jane Austen for writing, notably, one of the greatest stories ever, Pride and Prejudice 200 years ago.
Mind you, I have seen just about every adaptation of Jane Austen's work but I just have to bring up a new recent discovery called The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. It is a modern, online only, adaptation of Jane Austen's famous work turned into an e-diary or vlog.
It is absolutely clever and so worth watching. I love it! Lizzie, in the modern light, is a grad student studying communications (sounds like me) and is creating these videos for her thesis. Following her journey, you find the familiar characters step into the light and a familiar, yet seemingly different, story unfold before you in each 4-5 minute episode.

If I haven't aroused your curiosity yet, then I must INSIST you try at least one episode here.

For more information you can visit Lizzie Bennet's website.

Until then, I'd like to remember a very special Jane Austen and here's to many more years.