Thursday, July 14, 2011

There's A Monster Inside of Me

I need to write a novel to let it out.
This roaring monster inside of me.
It seeks, no, it yearns mournfully to get out
This raging monster inside of me.
To see what its become, for it has no mirror
This roaring monster inside of me.
To find its place in the world, to be its own
This raging monster inside of me
I need to write a novel to let it out
but this monster cannot be written.


I am Roxxi, it is time to hear me roar. I've been trapted in a ribbed cage for so long that I have actually developed my own mind and sense of wonder. My human, the one who keeps me caged, is at a point in her life where she feels like there's nothing left to fight for her life. Point is, I am sick and tired of my human keeping her lips shut. She won't stand up for herself, her opinions. I don't even know her anymore. She isn't the little girl I once knew. The one I used to play and dance with.

Now it is my turn to speak.

You aren't stopping me. Keeping me back. Nailing me to cross. No, it is my time. You can sit and listen. Watch me rise like a skyscraper